Picnic Basket Fun with Moody's Meats
This is a sponsored post by Moody's Butcher Shop. All opinions are my own.
Summer is for Picnic Baskets and Good Times at Moody's Butcher Shop.
Summer weather is in full swing in Indy. For some people that means water parks, carnivals and street festivals. For us-it means epic picnics. Like, grab my vintage watermelon picnic basket and slay the picnic game PICNICS. Gearing up for this season, I recently had the pleasure of visiting Moody's Butcher Shop located in Zionsville, IN. I was immediately drawn to their selection of meats, cheeses and dips. It definitely is the go-to place for all of your picnic needs, so I grabbed a selection of goodies to try and did just that.
But wait....how did you know what to put in your picnic basket?
That's a great question, and to tell you the truth...I was at the mercy of the great staff at Moody's Butcher Shop. I told them I was going to take my husband and 2 kiddos on an epic family picnic to see a concert on the canal. Immediately, a charcuterie board was suggested. I was in good hands.
Our board would ultimately be split into 2 separate ones because we had so many items we wanted to try. Here's a breakdown of a few of our faves:
- Mediterranean Crisps with Spanish Oranges: These babies were everything. Sweet and savory at the same time. Paired perfect with the meats. (pictured below)
- THE MEATS. So tasty. we enjoyed them all! For this board we featured Alle-Pia Sopressa (handcrafted Italian salami), Underground Meats Finocchiona (fennel flavored salami) and my husband's favorite: Monte Nevado Ham Serrano. Sooooo good. **Moody's has several salami choices in addition to these.
- Granny Smith apples to pair with the dips and cheeses. **All great charcuterie boards have a fruit pairing.
- An array of cheeses: (pictured) Port Salut (soft, ripened cheese from France), a cheese rubbed with espresso and lavender, a Pecorino (think parmesan) and a grape leaf wrapped blue-cheese.
- Terrapin Ridge Farms Apple Maple Bacon Jam. This stuff had to be made by the food GODS. Unbelievably delicious.
- A nice Vouvray Chardonnay (French): Moody's Butcher Shop really is the only stop needed when building your picnic basket. The wine pairing was exceptional for the selection of meats and cheeses. Have the staff help you find the best wine for your next picnic! **They also carry several Indiana-based beers! #shopl
Our kids joined the fun because picnics can totally be kid-friendly! Armed with old-fashioned artisan sodas from Moody's (Triple X is home to Lafayette, Indiana), they were set. The kids loved the apples, dips and pretzels best. Who could blame them...the pretzels and dip are now a house staple.
Head over to Moody's Butcher Shop for your next picnic, complete with a charcuterie board! Now go and enjoy your Summer! Cheers to the memories!